Terms and conditions for lounge option
The present Conditions are an integral part of the General Conditions of Sale as defined in the "Legal notices" section. Any Customer who purchases a Lounge Option is deemed able to contract and to have read and unreservedly accepted the present General Conditions of Sale. Air France offers its customers the possibility to purchase access to Air France lounges.
Unless stated otherwise in the present General Conditions of Sale, the terms and expressions used in the present General Conditions of Sale are defined as follows: "Air France": Société Air France, a limited liability company incorporated under French law, with a registered office at 45 rue de Paris, F-95747 Roissy CDG Cedex, France, and registered with the Registry of Commerce and Companies of Bobigny under number 420 495 178. "Business Cabin": area of the aircraft dedicated to Customers who have paid a Business fare. "Customer": an individual person of the age of majority who has reserved the Lounge Option. "Economy Cabin": area of the aircraft dedicated to Customers who have paid an Economy fare. "Premium Economy Cabin: area of the aircraft located between the Business and Economy Cabins, dedicated to Customers who have paid a Premium Economy fare. "General Conditions of Sale" or "Conditions" or "Present": the present Conditions defining the General Conditions of Sale for the Lounge Option. "Long-Haul": all Air France intercontinental routes from and to metropolitan France and to Africa (except Morocco, Tunisia, Libya) but including flights from and to Algeria, the Middle East (except Israel), the Americas, the Caribbean, the Indian Ocean, Asia and Oceania. "Lounge Option": opportunity offered to Customers to purchase access to Air France Lounges, subject to availability and conditions as defined in these Conditions. "Price": The price of the Lounge Option vary depending on the lounge. Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport lounge terminal 2F (medium-haul), terminal 2E hall K, L, M (long-haul), terminal 2G, and Paris-Orly airport 3
- Base price at the airport : €60 or 12 000 Miles
- Payment online:
- Flying Blue Explorer: €54 or 10800 Miles (- 10 %)
- Flying Blue Silver: €45 or 9000 Miles (- 25 %)
- Premium Economy: €45 or 9000 Miles (- 25 %)
Fare for children under 12: €20 or 4000 Miles *or the equivalent amount in local currency on the websites listed below.
2. Lounge Option Services and Amenities
By reserving the Lounge Option, the Customer benefits from the following services and amenities available at select Air France Lounges:
- Welcome desk,
- Catering area with self-service buffet offering cold and hot drinks,
- Rest area,
- A wide selection of local and international magazines and newspapers,
- Free WiFi access
3. Conditions of purchase of the lounge option
The Lounge Option is a service for Customers who do not have complimentary access to Air France lounges: customers traveling in Premium Economy, Economy and/or Flying Blue Silver or Explorer members, subject to availability. Unaccompanied minors are not eligible for the Lounge Option. The purchase of a Lounge Option is possible:
- at the airport, - on an Air France self-service kiosk, at an Air France sales counter and at the entrance to the Lounge.
- online - when purchasing a ticket online, - at any time after the purchase of a ticket in the "My bookings" section of the website, in countries where the sale of a Lounge Option is available, - when checking in online.
4.1 At the airport, the Lounge Option can be purchased by credit card* or in cash at an Air France sales counter, and by credit card only at lounge entrances and Air France kiosks. Customers who are Flying Blue members can also pay with their Miles at an Air France sales counter, with an Air France assistant via their Marco application or on the Air France website. 4.2 Online, the Lounge Option can be purchased online by credit card. * Payment by the Customer must be made using one of the following payment cards: American Express, Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa, Diners, UATP, JCB.
5. Conditions of use
The Lounge Option is associated with an Air France flight number and must be used on the same day of departure of the flight for which the customer has purchased a Lounge Option, except in the event of a change made by the Customer in accordance with Article 6. The Lounge Option is subject to the availability of seats in the lounge.
6. Conditions of refunds
6.1 The Option reserved by a Customer is personal and non-transferable. Once purchased by a Customer, the Lounge Option cannot be modified, exchanged or refunded in cash or by crediting Miles except as provided in Article 6.2. 6.2 A Customer who has purchased the Lounge Option may only be refunded the Lounge Option Price in the following cases:
- The flight for which the Customer had purchased the Option is cancelled, modified or delayed,
- The Customer in possession of a Full Flex ticket cancels his/her flight,
- Following a voluntary modification of the flight by the Customer, the lounge is unavailable,
- Following a change in cabin, the Customer is entitled to lounge access,
- The lounge is closed,
- The Customer is denied access to the lounge due to overcrowding,
- The Customer purchases an upgrade option that gives him/her complimentary access to the lounge.
7. Force majeure
Air France will not be held responsible nor be considered as having failed in its obligations in the event of the non-provision of all or part of the reserved services outlined in the Present Conditions if this breach is due to a case of Force Majeure as defined or interpreted by French jurisprudence. In this event, the Customer may not claim any indemnity, interest or compensation as result of a direct or indirect prejudice suffered by the non-provision of services.
8. Data Security and Privacy
9. Changes to the present general conditions of sale
Air France reserves the right to change the Lounge Option and the Present General Conditions of Sale at any time. Reservations of the Lounge Option are subject to the General Conditions of Sale in force at the time of booking, unless a change to these General Conditions of Sale is required by a government authority (in which case this change will also apply to all bookings made by the Customer).
10. Applicable law
The Present General Conditions of Sale are subject to French law. In the event of litigation, only the French Courts will have jurisdiction except as otherwise indicated in the General Conditions of Sale.